Santa Teresa Tour Rio de Janeiro
The Santa Teresa Touris a walking tour combined with a tram ride. Participants explore Santa Teresa's cobblestone streets, eclectic architecture and museums on foot and also riding on Rio's last tram line.
As we reach Santa Teresa the walk takes approximately two hours, including visits to numerous attractions (museums, viewpoints and art and craft shops) on the way.
The tram ride from downtown to Santa Teresa takes about 25 minutes. The tour is conducted by local guides and also supports the neighbourhood's Visitor's Information Centre, located at Largo dos Guimarães.
Half Day Walking tour:
- Meet and greetings with our guide at the Copacabana Palace Hotel
- Stop at the juice shop to check the various and exotic options of fresh juices.
- Take the subway towards downtown to Carioca Station.
- Hop on the Tram to Santa Teresa.
- Wander around Santa Teresa cobblestone streets, Chacara do Ceu Museum and Ruinas Park.
- Visit to Selaron's Staircase. His living masterpiece.
- Take the subway back to Copacabana.
- End of the tour at the Copacabana Palace Hotel.
It is recommended that participants wear light clothing, walking shoes or sandals, carry a small back-pack, a camera, and extra money for snacks and drinks.
Departure: daily - every morning and afternoon
Starting point: Largo dos Guimarães
Tour duration: two and a half hours
Walking level: easy, around two km
Included: tour guide, entrance fees, tram tickets and hotel pick-up
Not Included: meals and drinks
Book for more than 45 people, contact us directly
- Meeting point is at the Copacabana Palace in front of H Stern store.