Pick-up is provided for the hotels in southern Rio de Janeiro: Copacabana, Ipanema or Leblon. The pick-up time depends on the hotel.
If you are not in this area we will set a meeting point for you to be picked up from one of the available hotels.
This Rio de Janeiro tour covers the main attractions of Rio de Janeiro: Corcovado Mountain and the Statue of Christ the Redeemer, Sugar Loaf Mountain and its cable car ride, Maracanã Football Stadium, the Brazilian Football Temple and the Sambadrome, where the schools of Samba parade every year in the Carnival at Rio de Janeiro. It gives visitors an excellent overview of the natural beauty of the place, with an optional delicious barbecue lunch thrown in.
Besides these Rio attractions, visitors will see the most important buildings in the downtown area, such as the Metropolitan Cathedral of Rio, the Municipal Theatre, the Tiradentes Palace (which houses Rio de Janeiro's seat of legislative assembly), the National Library, Candelária Church, the Roman Aqueduct and other sites of historical value.
The beaches of the south zone of Rio de Janeiro are also part of the tour. Ipanema, Leblon and Copacabana beaches have inspired dozens of Brazilian musicians, writers, painters and artists.
- Pick up at the hotel or meeting point, at the scheduled time in the morning;
- Visit to the Corcovado Mountain and Christ the Redeemer Statue, through the Tijuca National Park, the biggest urban forest in the world;
- Sightseeing of the main beaches of Rio;
- Optional Lunch at a Rio de Janeiro local barbecue restaurant (not included);
- City tour of the main spots of Rio;
- Ride the cable car up to the Sugar Loaf Mountain, the site that shares with Corcovado Mountain the status of being the icon of Rio de Janeiro;
- Return to the hotel.
- Be ready on the lobby area 10 minutes prior to the pick up time.
Take a light jacket along with you because during windy days in Rio de Janeiro, the temperature difference can be drastic on the top of the Corcovado Mountain. Optional lunch can be discussed with your guide as there are many local options.
Children up to three years are free of charge. Children between the ages of four and ten are charged 50 per cent of the regular tour rate.